Real Estate & Business
- Clint G. Bledsoe, Partner
- David Hartman, Partner
- Rebecca M. Powers, Associate
- Michael L. Robertson, Partner
- Cathleen Slack, Partner
- Wilson Thannisch, Associate
- Erica Weinberger, Associate
Trial & Arbitration
Natural Resources, Environment & Land Use
Cathleen Slack, Partner
Cathleen Slack handles real estate and corporate transactions for a broad base of clients. Cathleen's real estate practice focuses on representing clients in the acquisition, sale, development, financing and leasing of commercial real estate. She routinely handles transactions involving office, retail, multi-family, and mixed-use developments. On behalf of her owner and developer clients, she forms condominium regimes and negotiates construction, engineering and architecture contracts. Cathleen also assists her clients with the preparation and negotiation of loan documents, as well as private placements for real estate deals.
Cathleen's corporate practice includes assistance with choice of entity, business formation, organizational structure and governance, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, and corporate finance as well as general business transactional matters. She helps business owners with partnership, company, and shareholder agreements, as well as Buy-Sell agreements.
Cathleen's background as a commercial property manager of an office tower in Houston, her experience as an owner and manager during the start-up of a software development company, and her tenure as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Texas provides her with a unique perspective to understand and respond to the needs of her clients.
Cathleen currently serves on the Board of Directors for CTCAR (Central Texas Commercial Association of Realtors), is a founding member of Austin Roundtable, serves on the Board of Directors for It's Time Texas, and is the founding member of W Connect, an organization connecting professional women.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES & ASSOCIATIONS
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 2003
- Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- CREW Austin: Membership Committee Chair, 2011 – 2012; Board of Directors, Secretary, 2012 – 2015
- Austin Roundtable: Founding member, 2011 – present; Membership Chair, 2011 – 2012; President, 2012 – 2013
- ACE Academy in Austin, Member, Site Development Committee, 2013 – 2015
- It's Time Texas: Board of Directors, 2015 – Present
- W Connect: Founding Member 2015 - Present
- New Member of the Year, CREW Austin, 2011
- Deal of the Year, CREW Austin, 2014
- University of Houston, J.D., 2002
- Corporate and Tax Law Society
- University of Texas, B.B.A., 1996
- Phi Eta Sigma
- Alpha Lambda Delta