Real Estate & Business
- Clint G. Bledsoe, Partner
- David Hartman, Partner
- Rebecca M. Powers, Associate
- Michael L. Robertson, Partner
- Cathleen Slack, Partner
- Wilson Thannisch, Associate
- Erica Weinberger, Associate
Trial & Arbitration
Natural Resources, Environment & Land Use
A. Lee Rigby, Partner
A. Lee Rigby joined Smith|Robertson in 2003 in the firm's Litigation and Environmental Sections. Mr. Rigby represents commercial enterprises and individuals in civil trials and appeals before all state and federal courts. Mr. Rigby's litigation practice focuses on disputes involving real property, real estate and environmental entitlement issues, partnerships and disputes between partners (including fraud and breach of fiduciary litigation), business torts, and business/personal consumer disputes. His representation of clients includes commercial and retail landlords and tenants in leasehold disputes. Mr. Rigby has represented clients in a variety of complex commercial litigation and arbitration matters, including class action litigation, contract disputes, and consumer litigation, including defense of FDCPA, TCPA and FCRA litigation. Mr. Rigby has handled litigation for clients outside of the State of Texas in California, New Jersey, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida and Colorado. Texas Monthly named him a "Rising Star" in 2009.
Prior to rejoining the firm in 2012, Mr. Rigby was Senior Vice President and General Counsel of a private equity backed government services company in Austin, Texas. As the company's first General Counsel, he was a member of the company's executive team responsible for all strategic and legal planning and critical decisions. In addition, Mr. Rigby was responsible for the creation and implementation of a nationwide government relations platform.
Mr. Rigby is active in the community as a Director of Horizon Bank, SSB and Chair Elect of the Seton Forum. Mr. Rigby is also a member of the National Association of Corporate Directors.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES & ASSOCIATIONS
- Director, Horizon Bank, SSB
- Texas General Counsel Forum – Austin Chapter (2012 Vice President and Chair Elect)
- ACA International – Member Attorney Program / State Compliance Chair (Texas)
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas, 2001
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Baylor University School of Law, 2001 Clemson University, magna cum laude, 1997